Sunday, July 6, 2008

Week in Review

This week was a busy week for all of us so I am just going to do it all as a family. We were so excited for this week. On Monday we signed our closing paper at Bonneville Superior Title in Layton. Before signing we did our final walk through of the home. We were so excited that it was finally going to happen. On Monday night Brigitte took her parents to the house and took what they could fit in the car. On Tuesday we packed everything that we could and got it all ready. On Wednesday after work I drove right to the UHaul place to pick up the truck. I got a 24' thinking that it was enough room. I drove right to the storage shed to load up everything. Dale and my parents were there to help me. We started loading it and I realized that we were going to be pushing to get everything from the storage in the shed. We got it all in the truck in two hours. It is sad to think that everything that we own fits in the back of a UHaul truck. I drove the truck to Brigitte's parents. I moved everything that I could out into the garage to determine how much more stuff we had. We decided that if we got the work truck that it would be sufficient. Thursday morning I was up at 6:30, but had been awake since 5:30. My dad and I drove to get the work truck and then loaded the rest of the stuff. We left for our new home at 9:00. It took about an hour to get to the house. My dad, Trevor, and I began unloading the truck. We were completely moved in our home with all the major furniture in about four hours. Brigitte and her sister Abby got the kitchen completely organized. It was a hard day but it was so satisfying. I was looking forward to sleeping in my own bed instead of on the floor. That night Uncle George and his wife came over. He wanted to help us move in but he could not get off work until 4:00. My mom had went to the store to pick some things up and three hours later she finally made it back. That is when we realized that the fridge was not working. It was lucky that we still had our old fridge at the moment. On Friday Brigitte unloaded boxes while I went to Lowes to get some blinds for the boys room. I was just a long day of unpacking. That night we lite some fireworks at the end of our driveway and then watched the fireworks from the city. The kids were more fascinated with the little fireworks that we did then the big city fireworks. On Saturday my parents took off after lunch and we were left to ourselves. We did nothing the rest of the day except relax. I had called a repair man and he showed up about 6:00 and fixed the fridge. Sunday was our first time at our new ward. It was small because of the 4th but I think that we will really enjoy it here. Everyone was friendly and the girls both enjoyed Nursery.

No comments: