Sunday, August 17, 2008

WEEK IN REVIEW

Week of August 11th-17th
MONDAY - We were glad that Monday was finally here. It meant that we survived Sunday speaking in church as well as teaching our primary class. Teaching was fun though. Totally different then teaching Elders Quorum. Today was a normal day with the kids playing all day. Trevor had fun at school.
TUESDAY - Tuesday was just like any other day. Trevor started not feeling well. Guess it was a cold that he picked up from school. We enjoyed the evening with the kids. The Jakins came over to use the internet and we let the kids play.
WEDNESDAY - At work today I decided that I was going to start framing the basement. I had been contemplating it but finally came to that conclusion. When I got home we were having BBQ ribs. As soon as dinner was over, Brigitte headed to West Jordan to go to her scrap booking night. She is contemplating on signing up and selling Close To My Heart.
THURSDAY - Thursday was Dave LaCascia's last day at work because he was retiring. It was sad to see him go because he made the day so much more entertaining. I had to get home right after work because we were feeding the Elders. Brigitte had made chicken tortilla soup, watermelon, asparagus, and for desert banana split cake. The Elders were a little weird. They ate so much. They had like three bowls of soup, six pieces of watermelon, and then two pieces of desert. But to top it off they asked if they could take the rest of the soup home with them. Brigitte was disappointed because she wanted the soup for lunch tomorrow. Also Brigitte and I as well as the girls and Kolby were not feeling well.
FRIDAY - Today was my day off and I had planned to start framing the basement but because I was not feeling well I got off to a slow start. Trevor had a short day at school and after the girls went down for their nap Trevor and I went to Lowes to pick up some 2 X 4's. We were in luck because they were on sale. Friday night we had a neighborhood BBQ. It was fun and great to get to know our neighbors a little more. We were there for about three hours and the kids were very tired.
SATURDAY - Got up at 8:00 and went out and weeded. I am really starting to get tired of Morning Glory. It seems like it grows everywhere. If anyone knows how to get rid of it let me know. We cleaned the house to get ready for another BBQ with our friends. I finally was able to start working on the basement. Because of our BBQ last night I learned that my next door neighbor had a compressor and a framing nail gun. Boy did that really make the work go faster. I was able to finish one wall and get started on the next. At 5:00 the BBQ was suppose to start but did not until 6:00. We had hot dogs, potato salad, watermelon, and chips. It was good. We then went over to the Jakins for desert. It was another late night for the kids.
SUNDAY - We were able to sleep in this morning and it was a great day to rest and relax and try to get feeling better.

No comments: